top of page

Visitor Visa

Home to 20 different cultural and natural UNESCO World Heritage sites, Canada is a great country to plan for your next adventure. From coast to coast the country is filled with beautiful natural scenery from the Niagara Falls all the way to the Rocky Mountains and the Northern Lights. Canada also offers the exciting urban adventures of great cities such as Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver! 

Canada welcomes millions of temporary residents (non-immigrants) each year. All visitors (except Canadian citizens, permanent residents and US citizens) do require permission to enter the country either in a form of a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Our firm can assist you in demonstrating the required factors to maximize your chances of an approval in the minimum period of time whether you are visiting as a tourist, international student, temporary foreign worker or a business visitor. 

TRV vs. eTA 

TRV or commonly known as a visitor's visa is a standard travel document that’s inserted into your passport to give you permission to enter Canada. 

If you are NOT a citizen from a visa-exempt country, you WILL need a TRV to enter Canada.


e-TA is an electronic document that ONLY citizens of visa-exempt countries intending to travel to Canada by air are expected to obtain.

Exception: USA citizens do NOT need an eTA but Green Card holders DO.

Check below to find out if you need a TRV or Eta

Regardless of where your friend or family is on the above list, they must apply for a travel authorization before they arrive in Canada.

If you are helping a loved one's visit, you most likely will encounter a request from Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada to submit an invitation letter in support of their application.

Need to Extend your Visit?

Most visitors to Canada may stay for up to 6 months on each visit. Visitors wishing to stay longer must apply for and be granted an extension. Failing to do so will result in future problems and will hinder your future travel plans!


Are you already in Canada? Do you want to stay, work, study or both? With Nilak you always have an option. We offer a variety of options that will best suit your needs. You can choose between full representation, final review and do-it-yourself packages. If you have any questions you can 

Video by cottonbro from Pexels

super Visa

If you are a parent or grandparent of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, you may be able to take advantage of Super Visa! This stream offers great flexibility and will allow for extended visits to Canada so you can saviour every precious moment without worry.


The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents to stay in Canada up to 2 years at a time. The successful applicants will be issued a multiple entry visitor visa with 10 years validity. There are specific conditions that you must meet in order to qualify for the Super Visa and Immigration officers consider several factors before granting this special visitor visa.

Our team can assist you in answering any questions that you might have and identify the issues that may be preventing your approval. Nilak can assist with strategies to get your travel plans back on track.

bottom of page